ICF Professional Engineering is a technical engineering studio based in Rimini, specialized in building and structural design, expecially in constructive systems of load-bearing concrete walls (ICF Insulating Concrete Forms).
In addition to planning, the studio is also organised to supervise bulding works, all over the country.
Cristian Angeli is the senior partner of the studio and he has been a freelance engineer in structural engineering since 2001. Over the years he has specialized in reinforced concrete load-bearing wall systems, collaborating with various companies and following, as the scientific manager, many researches and experimentation activities of innovative systems, carried out in various Universities in Italy and abroad.
He also works as a consultant for leading industries in the production of polystyrene formworks for construction, dealing with the design, prototyping, certification and promotion of innovative systems.For several years, he has been a technical consultant for the Bazzica-Promass industry, which manufactures and commercializes the “ICF ITALIA” (www.icfitalia.eu) building system.
On behalf of companies in the sector, Cristian Angeli has been a scientific manager in special research agreements stipulated with:
- University of Bologna (Department of Engineering DISTART), research agreement for the mechanical characterization and for the drafting of specific guidelines for the structural calculations of shear walls in buildings
- University of Bologna (Department of Engineering DISMAT), research agreement for the characterization of finishing concretes and for the determination of minimum thicknesses of concrete cover
- University of Bologna (Department of Engineering DIENCA), research agreement for the thermohygrometric and acoustic characterization of ICF walls
- University of Pavia (EUCENTRE), research agreement for the characterization of shear wall systems against cyclic dynamic actions (earthquake)
- ITC-CNR of Milan, determination of fire resistance (REI) and for the issue of Technical Eligibility Document (Mediterranean Agrement) for shear wall systems
- Istituto Giordano spa of Rimini, static tests on slab floor panels realized with particular constitutive technologies, for acoustic tests in situ and for the evaluation of the effects of electromagnetic fields
He has worked abroad in the field of load-bearing wall systems, working closely with:
- Institute of Eduardo Torroja of Madrid (Spain)
- Centre National d’Etudes et de Recherches integrèes du Batiments (CNERIB) of Algeri (Algeria)
- Institutul National de cercetare-dezvoltare in constructii si economia constructiilor (INCERC) of Timisoara (Romania)
In 2006 and 2007 he held numerous lectures as a PhD student in the course of Technical Architecture at the University of Ferrara, Faculty of Engineering.
In December 2008 he received the position of “effective expert Member” in the Evaluation Committee for admission to the PhD in STRUCTURAL AND HYDRAULIC ENGINEERING at the University of Bologna (Department of Engineering DISTART).
As a speaker he has attended at numerous conferences, round tables and seminars:
- “Control of the requirement of mechanical strength and stability of reinforced concrete structures, on-site diagnostic investigations and criteria for the certification of structural quality”, University of Bologna Faculty of Engineering, February 2003
- “Control of the requirement of mechanical strength and stability of reinforced concrete structures, on-site diagnostic investigations and criteria for the certification of structural quality”, University of Bologna Faculty of Engineering, May 2003
- “Structural vulnerability of reinforced concrete buildings: control of the requirement of mechanical strength and stability of structures”, Order of Engineers of Pesaro, June 2003
- “Technical standards for design, evaluation and seismic upgrading of buildings. From the legislative decree of 16 January 1996 to the new seismic regulation”, Ponti Engineering, November 2003
- “Structural vulnerability of reinforced concrete buildings: control of the requirement of mechanical strength and stability of structures”, Technical Institute for Surveyors “Einaudi”, Novafeltria (PU), April 2004
- “Energy performance in buildings, application problems”, University of Ancona – Faculty of Engineering, February 2007
- “Energy efficiency in building”, Conference room Hotel UNAWAY at Occhiobello (RO), October 2007
- “Thermoacoustic insulation and energy efficiency in building”, Rimini, December 2007
- “Designing and building with new methods, reducing construction time and costs”, Rimini, February 2008
- “Energy efficiency in building”, Order of architects of Pescara, April 2008
- “New methodologies for the buildings construction”, Confartigianato of Rimini, November 2008
- “Where is innovation in home building”, Leonardo Hall at Fiera Milano, November 2008
- “Between project and construction”, University of Ascoli Piceno, Faculty of Architecture, May 2009
- “Fragments of envelope: innovative materials and products for architecture”, University “La Sapienza” of Rome, Faculty of Architecture, June 2009
- “Meeting of Eucentre supporters”, Eucentre Pavia, September 2009
Read the Curriculum